1. Bake sale tomorrow and Wednesday our class is one of the classes responsible for bringing items to sell (please remember no NUTS.) we will gladly accept any donations you can send in whether they are store bought or home made.
2. International day is fast approaching. I will be providing the food for the day but I am asking for $2 donations to help pay for some of the cost of food. - students will be assigned homework tomorrow to learn about Barbados 🇧🇧. They will be asked to do a small write up about their assigned part and bring in 1-2 small colour pictures (Internet) to accompany it.
3. Students are asked to bring in a photo of a special relationship in their lives. We ask that they do a small presentation to the class telling us who the person is and why they are so special to them. (Friday)
4. Welcome BBQ tickets are for sale. Vegetarian options are available
Thank you everyone for your constant support!
Please write 1-3 sentences and bring a small picture. We will have a display board to put all of our written information and pictures on.
Flag – Keshav, picture (can make own or print off) and a write up telling us about the meaning of the colours and picture.
Cou Cou & Flying Fish – Adi- (picture) and small write up describing it
Macaroni Pie – Jasper (picture) and small write up describing it
Pudding & Souse – Nafeezah/Zarafsha
(picture) and small write up describing it
Bridgetown – Sofie (picture) and a small write up telling us about Bridgetown
Festival of crop over/carnival – Kayla and Yoana (picture) and a small write up telling us about the traditions
National sport – Srikaran (picture) and a small write up telling us about cricket
Language – Gurbani a small write up telling us about the language(s) spoken
Map – Sami a picture of Barbados or the world map a write up telling us where it is located in the world
Clothing – Saraya (a few small pictures showing us traditional dress) and a small write up describing how they dress
Weather – Adeline – a picture and small write up to discuss current weather or weather through seasons
We started by writing our agenda note
- Spelling sentences home
- Welcome BBQ
- Friday is Orange shirt day why wear a orange shirt? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3vUqr01kAk&feature=youtu.be
Orange Shirt Day is a legacy that grew out of Phyllis' story of having her shiny new orange shirt taken away on her first day of school at the Mission, and it has become an opportunity to keep the discussion on all aspects of residential schools happening annually.
- Thursday October 5th is International Day we are studying Barbados if you have something from Barbados can you please email me
- Friday October 6th - Hot lunch payments due
- Raz kids for 15 mins
Each Friday there will be a spelling test for the words of the week. Students will bring the words home every Monday in their agenda. On Mondays students will bring home their spelling words journal. In this journal they will be required to write each of their spelling words in a sentence. The journal will be due back on Fridays.
Next we had French with Mlle. Jessica, you can check out her blog at
Today students worked on writing the cursive lower case j and words
Math Journal - today students practiced concepts involving ten frames
Math: today students learned skip counting by 2's and 3's.
Inquiry into Language
Today students learned the rules for writing a journal.
Date, Introduction sentence, body (First, Then, Next, Lastly), Closing Sentence
Terry Fox -
A quick little announcement:
Unfortunately over the weekend our class pet Rocket Bob passed away. Yesterday we discussed the importance of caring for all living things and that sometimes things just happen. We then took a vote to decide if we would like to have a new classroom pet.
Today we introduced our new pet to our classroom and talked about ways we will care for him. We then brainstormed first and last names and voted on the ones we like best.
The Grade 1's would like to welcome . . . Sharky Cupcake to our classroom!